For many years, Australia has been one of the world’s frontrunners when it comes to delivering top-notch education, making it a top study destination for foreign students. If you are interested in taking your MBA in Australia, here are some key points to remember when applying:
Why Take Your MBA in Australia?
Aside from the favorable visa policies for international students, Australia’s research-centered approach to education makes it a great place to take an MBA. The country also supports cultural diversity, allowing foreign students to immerse themselves in different cultures.
Applying for a Student Visa
Every foreign student planning to study in Australia needs to obtain a student visa. This document will be issued to you to allow you to attend school in the country.
Here are the basic requirements to apply for an Australian student visa:
- A valid passport
- Letter of acceptance from the Australian business school or university
- Proof of Identity (ID)
- IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Passport size photographs (4 copies)
- Proof of sufficient funds (At least AUD 62,000 or $46,800 per year)
- Health Insurance
Australian Student Visa – International students must obtain a student visa to attend an Australian business school.
Bachelor’s Degree – A bachelor’s degree is a basic requirement in any graduate school in the world. In Australia, the minimum is 65% in an undergraduate degree.
Standardized Tests – Top universities in Australia often require applicants to get a certain score on the GMAT or GRE. For example, at the Melbourne Business School, the minimum GMAT score requirement is 705. Other schools may accept lower GMAT/GRE scores.
English Language Proficiency Test – Foreign students must also demonstrate English proficiency to secure admission. Students from non-English speaking countries are required to take the IELTS or TOEFL and achieve a good score.
Work experience is usually not required but having at least two years of previous employment in a business-related job can be advantageous.
Applicants must also submit their most recent resume outlining their educational and professional history in reverse chronological order, as well as a reference or recommendation letter.
Upon submitting the requirements, the candidate must be prepared for an interview via phone or video call.
A student’s application is evaluated based on their undergraduate grades and other mentioned requirements. There are two ways for students to apply to an Australian business school:
- Direct Application – Once you’ve selected the university you want to study in, you can visit its official website and submit the requirements through its online portal. Your documents must be scanned and should be in PDF format (make sure to check what type of digital format is required).
- Agents – Many institutions such as MSM Unify have agents that assist students throughout their application process. Applications made through MSM Unify agents are much more convenient and faster since the entire process is seamlessly conducted by human experts and AI learning machines.
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
Getting an MBA in Australia can be your gateway to different working opportunities in the future. Keep in touch with MSM Unify to receive updates on the latest stories and news about taking an MBA in Australia.