- Email Address
- Phone number
- Education background and application records
- Professional background and credentials
- Ongoing student records
- Payment information and details (“Personal Information”)
Personal Information also includes information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
We may collect personal information when you:
- Create an account
- Explore programs
- Create a student profile and/or apply to an educational program or course on the platform
- Use an MSM Unify email account
- Post something on our Website/Portal
- Communicate with us
- Process payment for programs and courses
- Sign up for promotional emails and other communication materials
- Participate in our surveys
- Sign up for contests and promotions
- Apply to become an MSM Unify institution partner
Storing Your Data in Other Jurisdictions:
Due to the nature of MSM Unify being an international operation and that we from time to time contract for the services of third party contractors that reside outside of Canada, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be stored in foreign servers and jurisdictions other than in Canada, that of which we may have no direct control. Your Personal Information may be subjected to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is located or to the terms and agreement in place with the owner of that server.
De-Identification of Your Personal Information:
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing the best service to you, you authorize and allow MSM Unify to grant access to third parties to use our database or provide them with your Personal Information as a way for us to improve our services, perform analytics, create marketing strategies for MSM Unify, and enhance the user experience. Third parties will only be allowed to access the Personal Information in a way that does not identify you or compromise your personal privacy. Any profit or analysis done with the use of this Personal Information is part of our intellectual property rights.
Limitation of Liability:
By using the MSM Unify Portal (the “Portal”), you agree that MSM Unify (owned by M Square Business Solutions Inc.) is not liable for any contracts or legal transactions of any kind you may have entered into with a third party as a result of using the Portal. We are also not responsible for nor obligated to verify or justify information given by colleges and universities and affiliated agents with MSM Unify (“Partners”), institutions, and individuals utilizing the Portal. This includes comments, reviews, programs, and course descriptions given by them or made by them on the Portal. We advise you to use all available resources online and offline to verify the information and representation you may encounter from third parties utilizing the Portal and use all due diligence accordingly.
Further, we are not responsible, nor do we have any control over the links provided by third parties, and you should use all diligence and safeguards to ensure that any website you visit is free of destructive items such as worms or viruses. Links available to outside websites on the Portal are meant for convenience only. No endorsement of any third-party products or services is expressed or implied by any information or content included on, linked to, or from the Portal.
In the event of a system error, or catastrophic event, or other reasons beyond our reasonable control that leads to the Portal not being operational, we are not held responsible for any breach of our terms of service, including any fundamental term or negligence that would lead to damages owing to you or any third party, including loss of opportunity, loss of profits and loss of business opportunities that result in any way from our providing access to the Portal, or its various services.
M Square Business Solutions Inc. shall not be liable for, and you shall indemnify and save shaw harmless from and against all suits, claims, or judgments howsoever arising out of claims for libel, slander, infringement of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights or contractual rights of any third party or based on any other legal theory howsoever arising from the material, data or other content from the services provided for on the Portal. For the purposes of this section, any reference to M Square Business Solutions Inc. shall include its subsidiaries, partners or associates, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, servants, contractors, or agents.
We do not condone the use of the Portal for the purpose of propagating malicious or harmful software and content. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- Posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating unlawful material, including without limitation, child or other pornography, any content, data or other material that is libelous, obscene, hateful, unlawful, threatening, reaction or ethnically offensive, defamatory or in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense;
- Disseminating material that violates copyright or intellectual property rights, where the user assumes all risk regarding whether material is in the public domain;
- Posting or disseminating material that is harassing, bullying, or considered stalking;
- Pyramid or other illegal soliciting schemes; or
- Fraudulent activities, including but not limited to impersonating any person or entity or forging anyone’s digital or manual signature.
Changes to Terms and Conditions:
Changes to MSM Unify:
At any given time, we reserve the right to suspend, terminate, or discontinue the Portal and all information available on the Portal without prior notice.
Right to Edit and Remove Your Personal Information:
Suspension or Termination:
- We also reserve the right to revoke your access to MSM Unify for any abusive, threatening, fraudulent, or otherwise harmful activity on the Portal, and termination could either be temporary or permanent. Any actions that could threaten or undermine our system, our third-party networks, files, documents, and other necessary data would also result in termination.
- MSM Unify may also limit your activity, suspend temporarily or permanently, or provide a warning to any users who: (a) would breach any part of our Terms and Conditions, (b) are unable to verify, authenticate, or provide accurate information, (c) whose actions can cause legal and financial liability to themselves, to MSM Unify, and to our Partners, (d) or, who have been found to provide false, misleading or fraudulent information. We may also take other legal or technical actions not stated above if we deem it necessary.
If you have any questions, complaints, claims, or other legal concerns regarding terms and conditions or anything related to our content and business, you can contact us through [email protected].