Animation Career Review, a renowned online resource for aspiring animation and game design professionals, has named Rochester Institute of Technology‘s (RIT) School of Film and Animation among the best animation schools in the United States once again.
Since its inception in 2011, Animation Career Review provides information on training programs, schools and universities, software and technology, career profiles, and profiles of key industry firms to aspiring animation, design, and gaming professionals.
- The School of Film and Animation at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) has been awarded one of the best animation schools in the United States for the second year in a row.
- Academic excellence, entrance selectivity, program depth, breadth, faculty, and tuition value all ranked highly at RIT.
- A BS in motion picture science is also available at RIT, giving students one of the most diverse curriculum options in the country.
The online resource analyzed roughly 200 US institutions that offer animation majors when compiling its 2022 rankings.
Here’s how RIT placed in separate rankings:
- No. 12 nationally (among the top 7 percent of schools);
- No. 11 nationally among private schools and colleges (top 15 percent);
- No. 5 on the East Coast;
- No. 4 in New York state;
- No. 7 nationally among schools offering an animation-related MFA; and
- No. 10 nationally among schools offering an animation-related BFA.
RIT achieved outstanding rankings for academic quality, admission selectivity, program depth, breadth, faculty, tuition value, and geographic location, as it has in previous years.
It was also honored for giving RIT students access to the world-class MAGIC Center and MAGIC Spell Studios, which include a 7,000-square-foot sound stage and other specialty areas comparable to those found in New York City and Los Angeles.
Aside from BFA and MFA degrees in film and animation, RIT also offers a BS degree in motion picture science, giving students one of the most diverse curriculum options in the country.
About RIT’s School for Film and Animation
RIT’s School for Film and Animation has been named as a Center of Excellence (COE) by Toon Boom Animation, a leading animation and storyboarding software business. Toon Boom software is used by major studios such as Disney, Netflix, and others to create films, animation, and television series.
RIT is acknowledged as a dependable provider of industry-standard training and an enriched educational environment through exposure to Toon Boom software as a Center of Excellence.
Students are prepared to pursue successful jobs in a variety of fields after graduation, including motion picture, television, and non-broadcast. They are guided by award-winning instructors who display their work across the world.
Moreover, RIT alumni have gone on to work as research engineers at Sony and Dolby, as well as in filmmaking and animation positions at Walt Disney Animation Studios, Lucasfilm, and a variety of other respected organizations.
MSM Unify is your one-stop source platform connecting students, higher education institutions, and agents in the US and around the world. Sign up now to get the latest updates and information on international education.