The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491) submission season for January has begun in New South Wales (NSW), where eligible students and skilled workers can submit a registration of interest (ROI) until Jan. 31, 2022.
Under this visa, skilled migrants will be permitted to live, work, and study in Regional NSW for up to five years. Moreover, it has also been announced that the next submission window will open in March.
- New South Wales has started accepting January submissions for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491).
- Eligible students and skilled workers can submit a registration of interest (ROI) until Jan. 31, 2022.
- Skilled migrants will be able to live, work, and study in Regional NSW for up to five years under this visa.
Eligible students and skilled workers will also be free to travel as much as they like to Australia and will have a path to permanent residency. Family members may be included in this visa application.
The visa is presently only available through invitation. This means that you can only apply if you have the following qualifications: a government agency in your state or territory that is willing to nominate you OR; and a relative who qualifies and is willing to sponsor you.
International students studying in Australia are likely to be eligible for a 491 visa under Stream 2.
According to the NSW Government website, they must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Stream 2:
- Have a valid skills assessment for a skilled occupation on the NSW list;
- Have their education been completed within the last 24 months;
- Have completed studies with a regional NSW education provider; and
- Possess a qualification relevant to the occupation they have chosen.
The majority of NSW districts are actively recruiting qualified engineers, medical professionals, and practitioners.
Social workers, chefs, zoologists, carpenters, and human resource managers, among other occupations, are needed in some areas.
The 491 visa has two additional streams: Stream 1 is for people who are already living and working in Regional NSW, and Stream 3 is for those who are skilled in an occupation that is needed in the specified areas.
MSM Unify is your one-stop source platform that connects students, higher education institutions, and agents in Australia and worldwide. Sign up now to get the latest updates and information on international education.