Looking for the best study destination for you? Russia might be the country you’re looking for!
As a nation, it’s brimming with many superlatives in all facets of life. It’s not only the largest country in the world, it’s also among the best in global education.
Russia is also home to some of the best student cities in the world. Each student city offers a unique glance at Russian life and culture.
Can’t choose which student city in Russia to study in? Read through this short guide the find the right one for you:
When one thinks of cities in Russia, one immediately thinks of Moscow. The capital city is the home of Russia’s top elite universities and colleges.
The cost of living in Moscow ranges from $434 to $967 per month. This of course depends on your lifestyle as a student in Russia.
The cost of accommodation also depends on various factors such as type and location. Expect to spend around $229 to $656 per month for your lodging.
Here are some of the top universities located in Moscow:
- Moscow State University
- Moscow State Technical University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- People’s Friendship University of Russia
- National University of Science and Technology
Embraced in lush greenery, each day in St. Petersburg will feel like a vacation. This beautiful student city in Russia is also teeming with spectacular sights to see.
If you want to study here, you need about $357 to $759 to cover monthly living costs. You need another $159 to $403 per month for your student lodging.
Here are some of the top universities you’ll find in St. Petersburg:
- St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- National Research ITMO University
- St. Petersburg State Pavlov Medical University
- St. Petersburg Academy of Fine Arts
Novosibirsk is an economic elite with its thriving energy and engineering industry. As Russia’s third-largest city, Novosibirsk
doesn’t cease with surprises.
The cost of living in Novosibirsk ranges from $250 to $534 per month. Depending on the type of your accommodation, you’ll spend around $89 to $253 every month.
- Here are some of the best universities situated in Novosibirsk:
- Novosibirsk State University
- Novosibirsk State Technical University
- Siberian State University of Telecommunications and Informatics
- Novosibirsk State Medical University
Kazan is an appealing student city in Russia known for its great hospitality. Hailed as the third capital of Russia, it offers a congenial environment for foreign students.
The cost of living in Kazan kicks off at $256 to $537 per month. For your monthly accommodation, you’ll spend around $102 to $268.
Here are some of Kazan’s best universities:
- Kazan Federal University
- Kazan National Research Technical University
- Kazan State Agricultural University
- Kazan State Institute of Culture and Arts
- Kazan State Power Engineering University
The best student cities in Russia each offer an exciting experience to international students. All ready and set to study in Russia? See our other articles here at MSM Unify to learn more.