What do you mean by IELTS?It is referred to as the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test which evaluates a person’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in English. It is essentially a standardized test for a student whose home tongue is not English and who wishes to demonstrate his or her competency in that language.
Best Universities in the UK Without IELTSThe list of universities that accept Indian students without IELTS is shown below –
|1.||University of Plymouth|
|2.||University of Portsmouth|
|4.||University of Warwick|
|5.||London Southbank University|
|6.||University of Greenwich|
|7.||University of Central Lancashire|
|10.||Robert Gordon University|
|11.||University of Bolton|
|12.||Birmingham City University|
|13.||Riga Technical University|
|14.||University of Northampton|
|15.||Sheffield Hallam University|
|16.||University of Basel|
|17.||University of Bristol|
|18.||University of Geneva|
|19.||Birmingham City University|
|20.||University of Central Lancashire|
Top 5 UK Universities without IELTS
|Sr. No.||University||Description||Popular Courses|
|1.||University of Essex||With approximately 15,000 students from nearly 130 different countries, the University of Essex is a prestigious UK institution. It was recognized as the University of the Year by the Times Higher Education Awards in 2018 for having one of the most diverse student groups in the UK and a long history of working for social change. The simplicity of Essex’s application process is one of the main factors contributing to its popularity.||
|2.||London Southbank University||One of the most popular universities for people looking to study in the UK is London Southbank University. The university accepts students depending on their merits, such as their XII grade point average or their undergraduate degree grades. Additionally, if you don’t have IELTS results, you can enroll in pre-study English classes at the institution and still be admitted to your desired program. London Southbank University is the best option for studying in the UK without IELTS as it provides a wide range of courses in several fields such as humanities, arts, science, business, and management.||
|3.||University of Bristol||One of the renowned universities in the UK, the University of Bristol was established in 1595 and offers direct admission for undergraduate programs through Universities and Colleges Admission Services. It offers part-time and full-time programs in a variety of streams and is one of the top universities in the UK for international students without IELTS.||
|4.||Sheffield Hallam University||Sheffield Hallam University, one of the best universities in the UK, is situated in South Yorkshire. The university offers a huge selection of full-time and part-time programs in many different subject areas. Students can enroll in an English language course at Sheffield Hallam University’s TESOL center to study in the UK without taking the IELTS exam, where they will be prepared to earn the requisite score for language proficiency.||
|5.||Robert Gordon University||Robert Gordon University, one of Aberdeen’s top colleges, was established in 1992 and is well-known around the world for its programs in engineering, architecture, and technology. It is one of the top universities for students who want to study in the UK without taking the IELTS exam since it gives applicants the chance to enroll in an 8-week pre-sessional English program to improve their language skills. For students wishing to enroll at Robert Gordon University without first obtaining an IELTS score, the university also administers its own RGU English Proficiency Test.||
Documents Needed for IELTS – Free Study in the UK
- SSC mark sheet
- HSC mark sheet
- Bachelor’s semester marks sheet
- Provisional certificate & consolidated marks memo
- Medium of Instruction certificate (Depending on the senior year scores in English)
- Letter of Recommendations
- Resume (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Offer letter
- Experience letter (if any)
Criteria for Indian Students to Study in the UK Without IELTSThere are several alternatives one might explore to study in UK without IELTS, thus it is understandable how crucial an IELTS score is to remain and study in the UK.
- Medium of Instruction (MOI) certificate – Some universities in the UK let international students study there without having taken the IELTS test if their prior education was obtained at an English-medium school. You must obtain a Medium of Instruction (MOI) certificate from a former educational institution to demonstrate your English language ability.
- Class 12th English Scores – Many universities that offer admission in the UK without IELTS need the class 12th English Language scores of students. In exceptional circumstances, universities may require the 10th class marks. Universities might accept your 10th and 12th-grade English test scores as evidence of your English proficiency.
- Online Interviews – Few colleges may require students to participate in online interviews using Skype. Through this interview, they will evaluate your level of English language skills.
- Taking several language proficiency exams – In the UK, exams of language competency other than IELTS are increasing in popularity and importance. Students can take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE), PTE Academic, Duolingo test, or ISE if they want to avoid taking the IELTS (Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English).
Requirements to Study in the UK
Admission Requirements –
- High school or undergraduate degree completion in the appropriate field with a grade point average of at least 55% from the UK or another country that is comparable to a UK certification.
- Language proficiency in English at least at CLB level B2.
UK Student Visa Process without IELTS
- Following receipt of an acceptance letter from a UK university, you must begin the online application process for a UK study visa through the Home Office.
- Make sure you are applying for the appropriate sort of visa, i.e., a student visa, at the time of application.
- You must pay visa application fees after completing your application and paying the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). To give biometrics and submit an application with the necessary supporting documents, applicants must make an appointment at the closest VFS.
- The time it takes to receive a decision on a visa will vary depending on the service type used at the time of application (2 to 15 working days).
UK Student Visa Requirements without IELTS
- Academic Documents
- Experience Letters (If any): Offer Letter, Currently Working Letter, Last 3 months’ payslips.
- ATAS Certificate (if Applicable)
- CAS Letter.
- Acceptable Financial documents: Bank Balance Certificate along with the Last 3 month’s bank statements, Loan Approval Letter from Bank, and Fixed deposit Certificates if any.
- Medical Certificate from a clinic approved by UKVI.
- Birth Certificate.
- Affidavit of Sponsorship from Parents if funds are held in the parent account.
Full-time work in the UK without IELTSYou can submit your bachelor’s or master’s level academic records as proof that you received a grade point average of at least 70% in school or college. If you want to apply for a UK post-study work visa without taking the IELTS. Additionally, applicants can submit IELTS UKVI with four bands (all) for the UK work visa without IELTS, which is simpler to score. Anyone with a UK degree who also has a Tier 4 visa will be eligible for the Graduate Route when it is implemented in 2022.
Lists of Scholarships available in the UKHere is a list of some of the top scholarships available to Indian students who wish to study in the UK without taking the IELTS exam –
|4.||University of Plymouth UK Scholarship|
|5.||Welcome (UK Government) Scholarship|
|6.||UK Bristol University Scholarships|
|7.||The University of West England Chancellor Scholarship|
|8.||University of Westminster Scholarships|
|9.||The University of Sussex International Scholarships|
|10.||Nottingham Trent University Scholarships|
|11.||University of Birmingham Scholarship|