The education system in New Zealand is impeccable. The country is home to many internationally recognized universities that assures an exceptional learning experience.
If you’re planning to take an MBA in New Zealand, you will meet extremely friendly locals and have the chance to explore the exquisite island country.
Why Take Your MBA in New Zealand
The education system of New Zealand is regulated by the government, providing excellent quality assurance in learning. Locals in the country also believe in the balance between work and life, and hobbies are highly encouraged.
With its relatively small population, there is a lot of space for students to take quick breaks to revitalize from the tiring days in school.
According to the Global Peace Index, New Zealand is the world’s second most peaceful country. It is also the world’s least corrupt country according to Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index.
Student Visa Requirements
As a foreign student, you need to obtain a student visa first before you can enter and study in New Zealand. Visa requirements vary per country, but here are the general requirements:
- Duly completed student visa application form
- A valid passport
- Letter of acceptance from the business school you applied for
- Transcripts of Records (Undergraduate and High School)
- IELTS or TOEFL Score Card
- Health Insurance
- Proof of financial support
- Passport size photographs (2 copies)
Here are some of the common admission requirements in applying to a university in New Zealand:
- Depending on the school, applicants are required to have at least three or four years of professional work experience. Previous employment must also be aligned with the program.
- Most business schools require students to take standardized tests like the GMAT and GRE. In some schools, applicants must achieve a certain score for admission.
- Foreign students who are from countries where English isn’t the official language must prove their command of the language. Scorecards from the IELTS or TOEFL are required.
- Depending on the instructions of the university, applicants may be required to submit an essay or Statement of Purpose (SOP). Other documents such as recommendation letters, loan documents, and scholarship essays may be required.
The application process varies per business school, but in general, here’s what you can expect to do during admission:
- MBA applicants must visit the official website of their chosen university to access its online portal. Required documents must be scanned to be submitted on the online portal.
- After successfully submitting the required documents to the online portal, the applicant will be prompted to pay the application fee. Make sure to use a payment channel that can securely send your payment to the school.
- At some point during the process, the applicant will be contacted for an interview either via phone call or video call.
Before going into the process of admission, it’s recommended to first check admission deadlines in your chosen university. This helps you create a timeframe for your actions, so you can apply on time.
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
New Zealand is a world leader in education where students can thrive and aim for a great future. Check out our stories here at MSM Unify to learn more about life as an international student in New Zealand.