How to Study in Canada After the 12th from India
Whatever subject you decide to study after the 12th grade will largely affect your college and career paths. The institution or college from where you will undertake the program is equally as vital as being mindful while choosing the specialty of the undergraduate program.
Sometimes, even the smartest students struggle to pass after the cut-off is announced, even though the cut-offs for Indian colleges grow every year. As a result, a growing number of students are choosing to study abroad in order to receive an excellent education without having to choose between many prestigious institutions or worry about the cut-off.
If you are interested in studying in Canada after the 12th from India, continue reading. MSM Unify will provide a guide on how you can do it.
Advantages of Studying in Canada After the 12th for Indian Students
Indian students can feel assured in their decision to study in Canada after their 12th-grade year since Indians make up a big portion of most Canadian student bodies. This will help lessen your homesickness. Studying in Canada also has other benefits such as:
- Excellent education: For students wanting to study in Canada following their 12th grade, there are approximately 26 outstanding universities. Canada emphasizes overall student performance and development at its research-based institutions of higher education.
- Low cost of study: Studies in Canada are reasonably priced. For international students, the cost of a bachelor’s degree in Canada varies between 5,500 CAD and 30,000 CAD.
- Diverse culture: Canadians are sociable and believe in living life to the fullest, hence their culture is very vibrant. The students are captivated by numerous enjoyable activities, student communities, as well as other cultural events.
Eligibility Requirements to Study in Canada After the 12th for Indian Students
The minimum qualifications necessary to attend Canadian universities are listed below, while each school and department can have its own distinct eligibility requirements for its particular programs.
For undergraduate programs:
- TOEFL score: 213 or
- IELTS score: 6.0
- Percentage: 70% or above in 12th grade
For diploma programs:
- TOEFL score: 213 or
- IELTS score: 6.0
- Percentage: Flexible admission
Admission Process to Study in Canada After the 12th for Indian Students
The bachelor’s degree application process in Canada is very simple. When you’ve narrowed down your choices of schools, you may apply online by setting up a student account on the institution’s official site.
Every year, Canada provides three intakes: in the fall (September), winter (January), and summer (May). To apply, you must:
- Verify your eligibility for the course and institution you want to attend.
- Take the needed SAT, GMAT, and IELTS exams.
- Submit an application through the school’s official website.
- Wait for the response and if an interview is needed.
- After confirmation of your admission, comply with all the other paperwork and requirements for a study permit in Canada.
Moreover, here are the documents you will need to apply to a Canadian institution:
- Transcript of grades
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- IELTS, TOEFL, and C1 Advanced English Proficiency Test scorecard
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Student visa
- Updated resume (if necessary)
Top Courses to Study in Canada After the 12th for Indian Students
Indian students in Canada may pick from a variety of courses regarded as the best in the country for higher education. Bachelor’s programs typically last three years, depending on the university. The top courses in Canada for Indian students include:
- Hospitality Management
- Information Technology
Cost to Study in Canada after the 12th
The cost of higher education in Canada primarily comprises university tuition fees. Multiple factors, including the type of program, its popularity and reach abroad, the location, etc., affect the overall expense. Therefore, the average cost of attending some of the best institutions in Canada can be up to 35,000 CAD.
In Canada, completing a bachelor’s degree costs, on average, 30,000 CAD per year, with costs ranging from 12,000 CAD to 30,000 CAD. Canadian degrees in medicine and engineering are a bit more costly than other courses.
Many students enroll in postgraduate degree programs, aside from pursuing undergraduate courses. The annual cost of tuition for an international student is typically 18,000 CAD. Particularly costly courses include management (MBA) programs. The standard MBA schools typically charge around 28,000 CAD, while executive MBA courses generally cost 57,000 CAD.
In addition to tuition costs, lodging expenses play a significant role in living expenses in Canada. Several universities provide on-campus housing, but you can also live off-campus. The price may vary from about 5,000 CAD to 10,000 CAD each year based on the room and apartment types. Also, compared to other cities, the cost of accommodation may be higher in major cities such as Toronto and Montreal.
Studying in Canada could be the best decision of your academic life. Let us help you in reaching this milestone: study in Canada after the 12th from India. MSM Unify has lots of helpful articles and information you may need to succeed.