Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from Students

MSM Unify was created to make processes simpler and easier. Our simple, two-step sign-up process will only take you a few minutes. You can get started here.

MSM UNIFY is your all-in-one platform for accessing the best resources for studying abroad. We aim to simplify that application process through an efficient AI-powered system. With it, students can take the pain away from filling out the application form to manually submitting the required paperwork to different institutions. With MSM UNIFY, you can even view the status of your application in real-time and submit documents with a few clicks.

MSM UNIFY aims to provide the students with FREE tools and services they can use to transform education, one student at a time. With strengthened collaboration with our Strategic Partners, students can make their dreams of studying abroad a reality.

How can I find the right program for me?

If you have not yet decided on any program, MSM UNIFY can help narrow down your choices, making it easier for you to choose the best pathway that suits your skills and preferences. We have specially designed an Eligibility Test to help you determine the right program for you.

[Explore Exams]

Similarly, you can also join our student forum to connect with peers and other students to help you decide on what program would be best for you.

  1. Choose the program that is right for you. If you are unsure of what program is best for you, you can check out our Career Quiz. Simply answer the questions, and submit it, and you will get a list of careers that match your passion, interests, and goals. Alternatively, you can also answer the Eligibility Test. After careful evaluation, you will get your results to help you decide your program.
  2. Determine an institution where you want to pursue your studies. If you have not picked one yet, MSM UNIFY offers a comprehensive listing of universities and colleges as well as their program offerings. Take your time to go over each selection, and pick the one that meets your preferences, financial standing, and other personal considerations.

    [Partner Institutions]

  3. Fill out our online profile. Submit it to us upon completion. Once done, you can proceed to pay the application fee and submit all the required documents.

What happens after I have submitted my application and requirements?

We have a team of admission experts well-versed in the student application process. They will take charge of processing your application and forwarding it to your chosen school for evaluation. In case you miss some requirements or need to submit further documentation, they will coordinate with you and assist you in forwarding them to the institution.

Upon handing over your application and completed requirements, the designated personnel at your chosen institution will check if your qualifications for your chosen program. Once accepted, they will relay their decision to us. We will then inform you through a formal Acceptance Letter, which you may receive within 30-60 days.

What is an Acceptance Letter?

Also known as Admission Letter, an Acceptance Letter formally confirms your eligibility for studying in your chosen institution. Once you have received it, make sure to photocopy and file the original document properly. You will have to submit this as one of the major requirements for obtaining your study permit and visa.

How will I get an Acceptance Letter from the institution?

As soon as you have submitted your application and requirements to MSM UNIFY, they will be forwarded to our partner institutions or your preferred college or university, and this will start your application process. Take note, each school has its own rules and requirements for accepting students, and the decision to accept your application or otherwise is solely at the discretion of the institution.

Can I delay the payment for my Acceptance Letter?

Students can defer the offer letter provided they can present a valid reason to do so, such as visa delays, illness, or financial concerns. Academic institutions will still accept the request as long as the course is available for the student’s preferred intake. Take note, however, that some universities may charge a small fee. Additionally, deferring the Acceptance Letter does not exempt you from paying additional fees the institution requires.

What are the top advantages of studying abroad?

  • You become part of a global community. Studying abroad gives you the chance to mingle with people from different backgrounds and cultures, which can help you broaden your exposure and expand your social network. In the process, it opens you to more opportunities for succeeding in your chosen career path, making it easier for you to establish a financially secure and rewarding life in the near future.
  • More study options available = Higher chances of acquiring a successful career. Educational institutions abroad often have different curriculums that help prepare students to become successful in their careers. With a wide array of choices at your disposal, you can have more opportunities to pursue an education program that will give you valuable insights into your chosen career.
  • More higher-paying jobs are available. Studying abroad helps you acquire the necessary skills and knowledge in your chosen field. Your exposure to the global community and education from recognized institutions will boost your professional credibility, opening up more and better job opportunities for both financial rewards and career stability.

When should I pay the Application Fee?

Application fees are payable before its submission. This is a non-refundable cost that all institutions require prior to evaluating their applicants. Kindly make sure to pay on or before the appointed date, as failure to do so forfeits your application automatically.

Do I have to pay MSM UNIFY separately for processing my application?

No. All the fees collected from applicants are forwarded directly to the institution’s admissions department for processing. We provide our quality assistance at no cost. All remunerations we obtain are from our partnerships with institutions.

My student visa/permit was rejected. Can I still refund my application fee?

All application fees are non-refundable. This rule applies to all applicants whether their visa/study permit applications are approved or not.

I am yet to complete my current studies. Can I already process my applications?

Yes. You can apply for a bachelor’s program even if you have yet to graduate from high school (or grade 12), particularly if you are about to complete it soon. This allows you to jumpstart your higher education journey without any downtime in between your academic years.

Am I automatically eligible to apply if I am currently finishing my Grade 12/Senior High School program?

Yes. But please take note that the institutions will require you to present proof of your eligibility to graduate. This is mandatory for all applicants, especially if you are planning to study abroad.

What documents do I need to submit when applying for an undergraduate program?

You must have already completed or be eligible for completing the high school program. You will be required to present a transcript of all your grades from grades 9-12. For students coming from a non-English speaking country, a certificate of their English proficiency test is also mandatory. It will also be favorable on your part to have a valid passport.

What documents do I need to submit when applying for a postgraduate program?

To be eligible for postgraduate programs, you should present proof of completion for an undergraduate program. This includes submitting a diploma and/or any supporting documents as proof.

  • Master’s programs – Applicants must present a diploma and/or certificate that they have already completed a four-year bachelor’s degree program. Depending on the specific programs applied for or the institution, you may also be asked to submit recommendation letters, resumes, essays, and a statement of purpose.
  • Post-graduate certificate programs – Applicants must present a certificate and/or diploma of their completion of a three-year undergraduate program or an undergraduate diploma.

Note: In some cases, the institution may require you to complete an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to determine the equivalency of your studies. Along with these certifications, applicants also have to present a copy of their valid passports.

Students from non-English speaking countries will be required to present an English proficiency test as part of their application. In Germany, students who will take programs taught in German are also required to submit any of the following: TestDAF, KCSE certificate from KNEC, or A1 certificate from the Goethe Institute.

Can I apply for a postgraduate program if I am currently a post-secondary student?

Yes, especially if you are planning to further your education after completing your current program. If you are currently a graduating student, you may find it more advantageous to apply early. To do so, you need to present a copy of the latest transcript of your grades since the first level of your post-secondary program.

Can I get a comprehensive list of requirements for my desired program?

MSM UNIFY has made it easier and simpler for students to search for programs that suit their interests. Our AI-powered marketplace makes it easy for you to find schools and programs along with requirement details. To get started, simply take our Eligibility Test to help you assess your qualifications against your chosen programs and institutions.

Who will be in charge of processing my documents and application fee?

Our vetted team of admission executives will forward your applications to your preferred institutions. They will check if you have any additional paperwork to submit and process. From here on, they will be responsible for following up and processing your application for you.

Will the Acceptance Letter be sent to me directly?

MSM UNIFY will be the one to forward the Acceptance Letter to you after it has been released by our partner institution. We will notify you immediately and provide valuable assistance in processing your visa application.

What is a Financial Proof?

This document proves that you are financially capable of pursuing your studies abroad, which includes the following expenses: Tuition, Living Expenses, and Return Transportation. The specific amount may vary, depending on your country of choice. To verify, please coordinate with the admissions executive of your preferred institution.

Is it possible to waive the Financial Proof?

No. All institutions require this as proof that you have the financial means needed to sustain your studies abroad.

How much is the Application Fee?

The fee varies based on the program and institution. On average, it will cost you $50 to $150 per program. Take note that the amount you have to pay is the exact amount the institution requires – MSM UNIFY doesn’t charge any additional fees or hidden charges.

When is the deadline for application?

The deadline varies according to the institution and program. Most schools typically accept applications until late May. Others, however, require it to be submitted as early as January for the autumn school opening. Given these variations in deadlines, it will be in your best interest to choose your program at the soonest possible time.


What is a Student Visa?

This is a non-immigrant type of visa awarded to students who already have an educational institution where they are set to pursue their studies for a definite period of time. With this visa, students can temporarily reside in the host country for a period of time commensurate to study completion.

Each country has its own requirements for issuing Student Visas. Therefore, to get the details correctly, your first and most reliable source of information during the course of your application is the country’s embassy website.

When is the best time to apply for a Student Visa?

The best time to apply for a visa is a few months before your scheduled travel abroad. Applying a few months in advance will give you enough time to go through the entire process. In case of setbacks, you will still have ample time to resolve any issue. In the process, you will also have enough time to learn more about your travel and studies and prepare for them accordingly.

Can I have someone process my Student Visa application for me?

Usually, student visa applications require the applicant to be physically present at the embassy. However, it will depend on the guidelines stipulated by the country you want to visit. There are actually several ways to apply, whether personally, online, or by post. To be sure, clarify the details with the embassy or consulate. You may also visit their website to get information.

What do I have to do to get a Student Visa?

  1. Before starting your student visa application, gather the important documents proving your acceptance to the institution and have a designated place in the program you applied for. Get these documents by connecting with our education agent assigned to your specific institution [Contact Us]. He/she will coordinate the list on your behalf.
  2. Our agents will coordinate with you and the school. He/she will relay important details like the type of visa you need to apply for or if you need to submit any additional documents. Once you have completed the requirements, you are all set to apply for your student visa.

When is a Student Visa considered invalid?

Your student visa has regulations and stipulations that you must abide by. No matter what type of visa you are applying for, providing the wrong information or omitting any pertinent details during the application process automatically invalidates it.

How much time will it take to process my Student Visa?

This depends on the host country and your nationality. It may take a few weeks up to several months. This is why you have to schedule your application way ahead of your departure, so in case you run into any problems, you have enough time to resolve them.

Am I allowed to extend my stay while studying?

It depends on the host country. Some countries allow students to apply for an extended stay. Others, however, would require completing the approved period first and renewing the visa after the applicant has returned to his/her country. It can also depend on the program that you are enrolled in.

Will I be allowed to study in North America with only a Visitor’s Visa?

Yes, but only if you will be taking short courses that span six months or less. Two common programs falling under this category are English as Second Language (ESL) / English for Academic Purposes courses.

All programs that take more than six months (undergraduate, post-graduate, etc.) require foreign students to acquire a Student Visa/study permit.

What is a Study Permit?

This is an official document that legally validates your stay in a country for studying purposes. In Canada, this is usually issued at the Port of Entry (POE) and attached to your passport upon entering the country, along with your Student Visa and enrollment letter.

Are Study Permit and Student Visa one and the same?

No. A Study Permit proves the validity of your purpose for staying in a country. However, you cannot use it as evidence that you are legally allowed to enter the country. For this, you have to present a Student Visa.

In Canada, there are instances where foreign students are required to also present a Visitor Visa or electronic Travel authorization (eTA). Once the Canadian embassy approves the Student Visa application, they will issue these documents along with it.

For how long is my Student Permit valid?

In most cases, particularly in Canada, the validity of a student permit covers the entire duration of the study program plus 90 days. The 90 days is added to provide you with enough time to prepare for leaving the country or applying for an extended stay.

To give you an idea about the length of time covered by a Study Permit in Canada, consider the factors and explanations detailed below:

  • For students taking a prerequisite course

The Study Permit covers the length of time required to complete the prerequisite courses plus one (1) year. Schools give this conditional acceptance prior to accepting students into the main program. Should you become eligible for the main program, you may apply for an extension.

  • For students who will complete their studies after their Student Permit expires

At best, apply for an extension while you are studying. Otherwise, you will have to comply with the stipulated expiry date and leave Canada.

  • For students who will complete their studies before the Student Permit expires

The Student Permit will automatically expire 90 days after the completion of studies. This is mandatory regardless of the expiry date stipulated on the Study Permit.

Note: If this situation applies to you, you are obliged to present the completion letter, transcript, degree, or diploma. This signifies the completion of your studies, effective on the date the school first notifies you. In case you cannot present a physical proof, the Canadian immigration personnel will either verify this with your school or consider the earliest issue date on the document as the completion date.

Can I travel back home or to other places abroad while studying?

In Canada, foreign students are allowed to go abroad or visit their homeland during their stay. All you have to do is present a valid proof of enrollment, indicating that you will continue your studies in the school upon your return. For other countries, check with their respective embassy or immigration websites.

What are the requirements for a Student Visa? Requirements may vary depending on the country you want to study in. For your convenience, we have rounded up information on the requirements of the most popular destinations for studying abroad. Canada
  • Completely filled-out Student Permit Application Form
  • Original LOA/Acceptance Letter from the institution
  • Valid Passport/Travel Document/Student Visa
  • Two recent passport-size photos with your name and date of birth written on the back of each
  • Financial Proof documents
  • A letter of explanation
  • Receipt/physical proof of your payment of the Study Permit
  • If you are going to study in Québec, you must present the following as well:
    • Certificat d’acceptation du Québec
    • English and French translations of your documents
    • Statement from the translator
    • Certified copy of the original documents
United States
  • Valid Passport for traveling to the USA (Period of validity must exceed 6 months following the intended period of your stay)
  • Completely filled-out Nonimmigrant Visa Application
  • Receipt confirming your payment of the Application Fee
  • Photo – US Passport size that you have to upload while filling in the DS-160 form online
  • Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic and Language Students, Form I-20 or Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students
United Kingdom (General Student Visa- Tier 4)
  • Valid Passport or other valid documentation
  • Financial Proof – Details may vary depending on the student’s situation. In general, this document shows that you are capable of funding your course and staying in the country.
  • Document of parental or legal guardian consent for applicants younger than 18 years old
  • Document of your relationship with parent/s or guardian
  • Tuberculosis test result – (Note: Required only if your home country deems this medical examination mandatory.)
  • Valid passport
  • Copy of the electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
  • Financial proof – this must include sufficient funds for course fees, airfares, and living costs.
  • Certificate of English language proficiency
  • Medical certificate
  • Character references
  • Evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant statement – this should include details about your education, employment, and immigration history. For non-English statements, an English translation is necessary.
New Zealand
  • Valid acceptance to a course recognized by the Ministry of Education or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
  • Proof of sufficient funds or valid scholarships to support studies in New Zealand
  • Proof of sufficient funds to support living expenses while in New Zealand
  • A return ticket to your home country or proof of sufficient funds to show you can afford a return ticket.
  • Completed application form, which you may download from the Videx website used by the federal republic of Germany
  • Valid passport
  • 2 photocopies of your passport
  • Birth certificate
  • 3 recent passport-style photographs
  • Health insurance
  • Proof of your financial means to cover your living expenses abroad via a blocked bank account
  • Evidence of your earlier education
  • Proof showing your accommodation arrangements during your study period
  • Marriage certificate (if married)
  • Child’s certificate (if you have children)
Note: Germany has different types of student visas depending on the length of the course you intend to take. You can apply for a Student Applicant visa (3-month validity), Student Visa (long-term), or the Language Course Visa. What steps do I have to take to get a Student Visa? Similar to other requirements, the process for getting a Student Visa varies. Detailed below are the requirements and procedures for two of the most popular countries for international studies. Canada Apply online at the Citizen and Immigration Canada website. You also have the option to accomplish the process offline.
  1. Present the LOA/Acceptance Letter sent by the school where you intend to study. Please take note that the institution must be recognized by the Canadian government.
  2. Provide a Financial Proof, which is physical evidence confirming your capability to pay for your tuition and living expenses in Canada.
  3. Present an official document proving that you have no criminal record.
  4. Present clinical records – preferably of a complete medical examination – proving that you are physically and mentally healthy.

[Download the Canada Study Guidebook]

United States
  1. Fill out the Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 online.
  2. Upload your photo while filling out the form.
  3. Schedule an interview with the US Consulate or Embassy of your country. Note: Because interview schedules vary based on prevailing factors like location, season, or visa category, make sure to apply for a schedule early.
  4. Pay the Application Fee. Find out the exact amount for your nationality by clicking here.
  5. Prepare all the necessary documents.
  6. Be present during your scheduled interview.

[Download the US Study Guidebook]

How much should I pay to study abroad?

Costs vary depending on location. In Canada or the US, it could be anywhere between $7,000 and $30,000. The specific amount will be determined based on certain factors like program choice, university, and other inclusions, such as food and accommodations. Take note, however, that in terms of cost, universities tend to have higher tuition rates than colleges.

On average, how much should I have if I am going to study and live abroad?

Generally, $20,000 is the minimum cost needed to cover the cost of living and educational fees for a year. Depending on your preferences and other factors, the overall price may increase indefinitely.

Am I required to pay the tuition fee before receiving the Acceptance Letter?

No. The only time to pay your tuition fee is before the start of each semester during the designated enrollment period of your preferred school. Take note, however, that policies may change depending on the institution. Some of them require a downpayment to be sent after you have received your acceptance letter. Make sure to verify the details with our partner agents before sending payment for any school-related fees.

Is there a way to make studying abroad more affordable?

Yes. Although the overall cost estimates may seem daunting at first, there are ways for you to lower your expenses. Among these are:

  • Scholarships
  • Study grants
  • Part-time employment

Can I avail of any MSM UNIFY scholarships?

Our assistance is limited to providing you with the best resources, so you can pursue your international education goals without hassles. Nonetheless, we provide news of scholarship opportunities and financial assistance from the start of your application until long after you have already begun your studies in your preferred institution.

Are there scholarships available for international students?

Yes, international students also have access to scholarships. It can be from the government, non-profit organizations, the university, and private institutions. Our marketplace will provide you quick access to a host of resources pertaining to scholarships and bursaries available to you.

Can I avail of educational loans? Is it a better option?

Yes, international education can be expensive and educational loans can help parents and students avail of academic excellence without dipping into their savings funds. At MSM Unify, we can connect you with our partners to answer your loan requirements.

[Learn more about Educational Loans]

How do I find out which institution is best for me?

Our website presents a comprehensive list of reputable partner universities and colleges in Canada, USA, UK, Europe, Germany, and other parts of the world. Go over the individual profiles of the institutions or connect with our partner agents for more details. Overall, doing research, taking your time to consult reputable sources, and weighing your options carefully will help you decide on the best institution for you.

Will the differences in the education system between my current school and a foreign institution affect my chances of studying abroad?

Not necessarily. Majority of institutions evaluate applicants according to the grades shown in their transcript of records, as well as English language test results. These processes usually apply to both undergraduate and postgraduate program applicants.