The Pre-sessional English (PSE) courses in the UK and China help you to raise your English language level to meet the entry requirements of your main course. They also prepare you to study in the field of art and design or business at UCA. UCA offers a range of course lengths and starts dates so you can select the right course for you. Courses run for six weeks, ten weeks, and 15 weeks, depending on how much support you need. Taking a Pre-Sessional English course will not only help you improve your language skills, but it will also help you with your studies and research, and give you more confidence as you settle into UK life.
If you want to apply for a creative research degree at UCA, its fully online Pre-Doctorate Research Degree Preparation course will help you get there. You may already have a Master’s degree or relevant research/professional experience, but this course will help you form your application, give you time to decide whether to opt for a practice-based or written research degree, connect you with the existing Ph.D. community, and help match you with a suitable Ph.D. supervisor(s) to complement your research focus.
During the course, you will:
• Spend five hours each week being trained in understanding and applying key research and academic skills for pre-doctoral study.
• Learn how to refine your research interests and draft your literature review and research proposal.
• Write your application, research proposal, and bibliography.
• Prepare for a formal interview.
• Be offered an optional English for Academic Study module that focuses on developing academic English skills during an additional two hours’ study per week.