Great news for international students working in Australia’s agricultural sector or those who are employed in Australian farms. A cash bonus or the Seasonal Harvest Sign-on Bonus of AUD 810 will be given to those who do a seasonal harvest job on a Victorian farm on or after February 17, 2021.
An initial AUD 810 cash bonus will be given if they work for 10 days within a 30-day period. If they work an additional 30 days, they can claim the second installment of AUD 1,620. To be eligible, international students must:
- be 18 years or older with the right to work in Australia
- be working in eligible Victorian horticulture industries such as fruit, dried fruit, vegetables, olives, nuts, hops, and wine grapes (Note: nurseries, turf, cut-flowers are not eligible industries)
- start work on a farm located in Victoria on or after 17 February 2021
- be working on-farm in picking, packing, and harvesting seasonal produce. Duties may include operating harvest machinery
- not have worked on-farm in Victoria’s agriculture sectors (dairy, livestock, grains, and horticulture) in the three months prior to the day you started the employment that is the subject of your bonus application
- not be employed through the Seasonal Worker Programme or Pacific Labour Scheme
- hold one of the following valid personal identification:
– Medicare card
– Driver license
– Australian passport
– a foreign passport for those issued with an Australian visa
- submit application by 30 June 2021
To receive the second installment of AUD 1,620, international students must be registered with the program and receive the first installment of AUD 810. They must also have completed 30 separate days of work by June 30, 2021.
MSM Unify is your one-stop source platform that connects students, higher education institutions, and agents in Australia and the world. Subscribe now to get the latest updates and information on international education.